Cultural and linguistic competency (CLC) can be difficult to quantify and describe. However, it is important to collect the right data and communicate your impact, for several reasons. Effective data collection and reporting helps you to:
- Develop trust among your community;
- Celebrate success and problem-solve barriers;
- Leverage resources from other community agencies to fill gaps;
- Hold your organization accountable; and
- Be fully compliant with federal mandates.
These resources will help you to:
- Develop a communications/messaging strategy for appropriate stakeholder audiences.
- Create information systems that capture relevant consumer/customer, staff, & volunteer data which reflects cultural competence standards and expectations in a way that is appropriate, not intrusive and maintains confidentiality.
- Use culturally relevant information and data to improve organizational performance.